Tuesday, February 26, 2019

It's Magic!

Hi everyone!  Have you seen the new Magic Picture Changer dies from Lawn Fawn?  I'm in awe of them!  I just got these in the mail yesterday and had to create a card(s).  I did two and will post the other one tomorrow.
 
First of all, I'll tell you the story behind the reason for making this card.  My best friend Maria had to put her beloved Australian shepherd Roscoe down on Friday.  It was very sudden.  They found his sudden discomfort was due to a bleeding tumor on his spleen.  So sad.  He was such a good dog and only 10 years old.  We all loved him (especially my hubby who would watch him when Maria and her hubby needed a sitter).  So I of course had to make a sympathy card for her and her hubby.  They are so sad about this event.
 
I thought this card may brighten their spirits a bit, or just let them know how sorry we are for their loss.  I started by stamping the sentiment and heart on one piece using Bristol cardstock (I actually wanted this to be on the inside, but it was the first card I made and now know what to stamp on which panel!).  This was stamped on the longer die (if you take a look at the dies, you'll know what I mean).
 
Then I stamped the pup on the smaller die on Bristol cardstock also.  I colored the pup with two Zig markers.  Roscoe is a mix of sort of brown, tan, and white colors.  I tried to capture that as best I could.  Next, I die cut the pieces and followed the directions on how to put it together (just go to Lawn Fawn's Youtube page to see a video).  It's really easy to do.  To decorate it, I used the Magic Picture Changer Add On dies and some pattern paper.  I just love when you pull up the tab, the picture magically changes from the sentiment to the picture.  My hubby even smiled when I told him to pull the tab!  Making him smile about something like this is a SCORE!  LOL!

 
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this.  I'll be posting another of these tomorrow so come back again!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Furry Friends (Avery Elle), Deepest Sympathy (MFT), All the Hearts (Altenew)
Paper:  Bristol smooth white, early espresso, Max & Whiskers (BG)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, antique linen and ground espresso DO, persimmon (MFT)
Accessories:  Magic Changer and Add On dies (Lawn Fawn), craft foam, black glaze pen 

2 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Aw this is so sweet Lisa! So sorry for this loss, that really is hard when sweet pups leave us. She will get a smile from this dynamic creation~

diane zechman said...

cute!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin