Saturday, February 16, 2019

Just Us Girls #475 - Color Week

Hi friends!  I had some things going on (Valentine's Day celebrations with friends) this weekend and had trouble getting this blog done!  But the card was done, so that's all that matters, I guess!  Maria chose a pretty and timely color palette for our Color Week at Just Us Girls!


I was done making Valentine cards, and I've been trying to keep up with my sympathy card making.  Seems I always need these.  I just sent out three.  :-(  This pretty die from Memory Box was die cut from white cardstock, then I just put some scraps of white cardstock to die cut the heart again.  I colored them with red copic markers and stacked them back into the die.  I chose some pretty pink gingham paper to put behind it.  The sentiment was die cut three times from white and stacked as well.  The stamped sentiment was stamped in a dark gray ink.  I added some shimmer on the heart and sentiment and some crystals to finish it off.  This is a square 4.25 x 4.25 card.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our February guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Prayers (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, Gingham-linen (Doodlebug)
Ink:  Black jack (CP designs)
Accessories:  Woodland heart frame (Memory Box), prayers die (SSS), Spectrum noir shimmer, craft foam


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely way to frame the sentiment. I like the pop of red from the single heart. This is wonderful Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty sympathy card

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful use of the combo of dies - stunning!

Nancy said...

These colors make a fabulous Sympathy card ...or it's just Lisa's talent that prevails. Anyhoo, Well done once again! The added pop of red is perfect!

Ina G said...

WOW Lisa this is stunning. Fabulous dies and how perfect to have that wee red heart. So touching!

Maria said...

What a beautiful die! This card is amazing. I really hate making sympathy cards but you really knocked this one out of the park. Great job.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love those dies layered over the pink gingham background to create this beautiful and unique sympathy card. Love the way the red heart pops on this.

Bobby said...

I just realized I never commented on your card from last week, Lisa. That is such a beautiful frame and the die cut sentiment works with it perfectly. Having the heart as part of it was a great way to add the red.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin