Saturday, February 23, 2019

Just Us Girls #476 - Photo Week

Hello everyone!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls for this week's Photo Week challenge.  I chose this photo of amethyst, which is the gemstone of February.  This is our last challenge for February.  March and hopefully spring are on their way!
 
I went to a class at our local stamp store, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, a couple of weeks ago with my friend Cheryl and we made these beautiful cards.  When I saw this purple one, I knew it would be perfect for this challenge.  We used the Sunny Studios Everything's Rosy layering stamp set.  These aren't my designs...I only stamped and put them together.  All the materials were provided, so I don't know what dies, papers, and such were used.  But aren't these flowers and leaves so pretty?  This one definitely was a favorite among the students in the class!
 
This one was a tough one to line up because the yellows were so pale, but I loved them nonetheless.  The lacy panel is not a die cut but rather a laser cut piece that the owner of the store purchased.  Not sure of its origin either.

This was another favorite of mine.  I love that dark blue against the lighter shades.  The sentiment is from Sunny Studios as well.
 
I love the pinks we used on these flowers.  This is such a lovely stamp set!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our February guest, Lisa Elton, on the JUGs blog.  This is her last week with us and she did a fab job with all of her entries!  Thanks Lisa!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Everything's Rosy (Sunny Studios) 


7 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous, all of them! I love the way those roses pick up all of the purple shades from the gemstone and your design is beautiful. Great challenge photo.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the purple and blue ones, but all are so pretty. I have this stamp & die set and just made an anniversary card with them in blue.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, these are all beautiful! I like the roses stamped in all of the colors, but I think the pink is my favorite!

Nancy said...

You have completely swooned me with that rose stamp! I think I need it!! These are all so wonderful that I couldn't begin to pick my favorite! Great challenge too!

Ina G said...

WOW you certainly made beautiful cards at your class Lisa. All simply stunning in every way. That stamp is sensational and inks up beautifully. Of course my favourite is the purple. The layout is gorgeous. Loved making my card for this challenge. Thank you.
March will hopefully see our hot summer cool to pleasant days of Autumn here.

Bobby said...

All of your cards are so gorgeous, Lisa. That is one fabulous rose stamp and if I didn't already have a couple I'd be purchasing it. It's too bad you don't know the maker of that first die because it is absolutely wonderful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely floral cards -- I am partial to the purple one :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin