Saturday, January 2, 2021

Just Us Girls #565 - Word Week

Hi friends!  Happy New Year!  I hope you had a great New Year's Eve kicking 2020 out the door!  I know I did!  Here's hoping 2021 will be better!

So Just Us Girls is back at it from a little rest in December.  Welcome back!  We are starting out with Word Week and Nancy chose a great one for the beginning of the year...HELLO!

I really wanted to do something so opposite of Christmas and fall, cards we've all been making for months now!  I just got these layering stencils from Pinkfresh Studio and I'm finding I love these types of stencils.  I have a few and they are so fun.  I pretty much used the same colors that are on the packaging.  There are five different stencils and I used five different color inks.  I had somewhat of a conundrum picking out colors for the hello die and the shadow die for it.  I chose two different colors of yellow with dark green and that didn't work.  Then I settled on orange and white, very clean and fresh.  I added some crystals around the hello die and I also placed some in the middle of the flowers.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guests (we have two for this month!), Carol McFarland and Melanie Hungerford, on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, only orange
Ink:  Fossilized amber, ripe persimmon, speckled egg, bundled sage, pine needles
Accessories:  Hanging Garden stencils (Pinkfresh), stitched rectangle and Little Hello dies, crystals, shimmer spritz, craft foam



6 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful job with those stencils, love your card and the colors especially!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stamped background -- those colors are fabulous together

cm said...

Stencils? Oh my stars? They're gorgeous; definitely a fresh, crisp card! Love it...and now, off to PFS to check out these products! Happy New Year!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

The stencil is called "Hanging Gardens" and that is exactly what it looks like, Lisa. So lovely with the colors you chose. And the bright orange shadow was a great choice too.

Nancy said...

I can see why you purchased these stencils! What a terrific card Lisa! Color choices spot on! Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa love the colourful layout here. That hello die cut stands out so well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin