Thursday, January 14, 2021

Time Out #179 - You

 Hello!  It's time for a new Time Out challenge.  This week we challenge you to be YOU.  Tell us about yourself through your card.  See the Time Out blog for more information.

I made this card to tell you about how I love to use layering stencils and die cutting.  I find these two things to be so gratifying.  I love to color, but I've been finding this more to my liking and I just love the results.  My last few posts have been cards made with layering stencils and some sort of dies.  This is a Pink Fresh Studio stencil and die set called Daisy Wreath.  The last one I made was in the pink color family, so I chose to use the orange color family for this one.  I used five different distress oxide inks for this one and used the die to cut it out.  I also die cut it two or three more times from white cardstock to stack them together for dimension.  I don't know if you can see the main panel, but it has been embossed with a Dainy Diamonds embossing folder from SU that my friend Cheryl gave me for Christmas.  It's so pretty in person.  The thanks die (this was a freebie I got with an order...maybe from Taylored Expressions?  Not sure.) was die cut from orange and white cardstock and stacked for dimension as well.  I added shimmer to the word and flower centers.  Yellow crystals finished off the design.   I'm having a hard time with photos lately...this card is really very pretty in person!

You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Anila, on the 

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, only orange
Ink:  Mustard seed, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, shabby shutters, mowed lawn distress oxide
Accessories:  Daisy Wreath stencil and die (PFS), Dainty Diamonds embossing folder (SU), stitched rectangle (MFT), shimmer, crystals



5 comments:

sandie said...

This is lovely and fresh Lisa and you are so good at this layering-I just find it so hard to do! I love the CAS look too and the sequins finish it off perfectly x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a beautiful card. I have been watching the marketplace for layering stencils. I find layering stamps difficult to use, but it seems that stencils would be easier to get right. I enjoyed your post, and now I am inspired! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors you used for the layered stencil Daisy Wreath, it is so pretty. TFS

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Love the colours and layout of this beautiful floral wreath, Lisa! And, even though it’s a small touch, I’ve always admired your ability to perfectly place your dots, sequins, little extras...it creates a great balance when placed right and it’s something I struggle to do without a visual from somebody else!

Vicky Hayes said...

All us crafters have our favourite way of creating and you're so good at this stencil layering Lisa! I love your pretty wreath. Vicky x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin