Saturday, January 16, 2021

Just Us Girls #567 - Color Week

Hello there!  This week is Color Week over at Just Us Girls, and Maria wants us to use three shades of blue. 

OK, so I used six different shades of blue, but when you twin them up there are three!  I have a habit of not reading the rules much.  It's my brand!  LOL!

Anyway, are you sick of seeing these Pink Fresh Studio layering stencils?  I think I have one more on the way, so I won't use them much until then, I promise.  But they are just so dang fun and the end results are so pretty!  I used the Daisy Wreath one today and created a card with purple flowers for my sister-in-law and her hubby's anniversary, but I'm not going to share it here.  Maybe another day (I don't think I even took a picture, though!)

Back to the card. This layering stencil set is called Seamless Floral Panel.  After using the six different blues (or three twins), I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and mounted it on navy cardstock.  The sentiment was die cut three times and stacked for dimension.  I added shimmer to it as well.  I finished it with some pretty crystals.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and January guests on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, navy
Ink:  Tumbled glass, broken china, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, faded jeans, chipped sapphire distress oxide inks
Accessories:  Seamless Floral Panel stencils (PFS), stitched rectangle, sentiment die (Altenew), shimmer, crystals



8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful way to use the colors of the challenge - really gorgeous!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love how you stamped your background!

Nancy said...

I laughed at your post! I can see perfectly how you linked the shades together to make three. I am not tired of seeing your stencil cards at all! Just makes me want them more! This is as pretty as the last ones! Take care!

Bobby said...

Three, six. What's the difference. You made a wonderful floral stenciled card with them, Lisa, and are making me think I may need some of those.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful stenciling, makes a great background with all those shades of blue!

Maria said...

Very cool! Love those flowers and that sentiment is perfect!! Great job!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You are really making me want some of these gorgeous layering stencils, especially after seeing this beauty! This is gorgeous and that stacked and shimmery die cut sentiment is perfect on this.

Ina G said...

Love your blue floral background Lisa. Perfect backdrop for that big stacked sentiment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin