Saturday, January 9, 2021

Just Us Girls #566 - Trend Week

 Hi friends!  Ina has a great trend challenge this week over at Just Us Girls.  Using stencils have become one of my favorite trends lately!

I've been loving these layering stencils from Pink Fresh Studio.  I used for last week's challenge as well.  This one is called Garden Florals and I think consists of five stencils to create this beautiful floral bouquet.  After I stenciled it, I used a thin frame die to cut a frame out of this panel and inserted a frame die cut from green cardstock. I love this look and really want to create another card using some gold or silver shiny cardstock.  I think that would look cool with the right colors.  I made this into a sympathy card with a die cut sentiment of three layers for dimension.  I added shimmer and pearls for a finishing touch.

Now I had so much fun with stencils the other day, I created more!  This card was created with another Pink Fresh Studio layering stencil set called Daisy Wreath.  Once again, I believe there are about five stencils in this set to create this wreath.  I also used the thin frame die to create this look.  I added shimmer and pearls as well.

The next two cards use The Greetery's Snowflake Soiree stencil set.  I love this one too!  This one has four stencils to create the snowflakes.  I used blues and pinks inks.  The thanks die was die cut from white cardstock and pink for the shadow.  Shimmer and crystals were added.

This is the exact same card except for the shadow on the word die.  I chose to use a navy cardstock.  Stencils are just so much fun to use!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our two January guests on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:  Card #1
Paper:  Recollections whtie, handsome hunter
Ink:  Mustard seed, dried marigold, wild honey, ripe persimmon, peeled paint, forest moss distress oxide
Accessories:  Garden Florals stencils (PFS), stitched rectangle (MFT), thin frames (SSS), with sympathy die (Dee's), pearls, shimmer spritz, craft foam

Recipe:  Card #2
Paper:  Recollections white, regal rose
Ink:  Mustard seed, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, peeled paint, forest moss distress oxide
Accessories:  Daisy Wreath stencils (PFS), stitched rectangle (MFT), hello die (TE), thin frame die (SSS), pearls, shimmer spritz

Recipe: Card #3 & #4
Paper:  Recollections white, regal rose, navy
Ink:  Speckled egg, faded jeans, worn lipstick, aged mahogany distress oxide
Accessories:  Snowflake Soiree stencils (Greetery), stitched rectangle (MFT), thick and thin thanks (PTI), shimmer spritz, crystals, craft foam



6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at all this eye candy! Those layered stencils make awesome cards!

cm said...

What a lovely array of stenciled cards, Lisa! I've not tried my PFS layered stencil yet (so far, only one), but after seeing yours, it's going on top of the 'must use' pile! I feel an 'enabling' coming on *grin*! Fortunately, a local retailer carries PFS products, so...may need to do a bit of shopping down the road!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those are some truly amazing creations using stencils! I love how you framed the first two with the flowers running outside the frames and those snowflakes are so colorful and fun. Way to rock this challenge with all of these beauties!

Nancy said...

What are you trying to do with my resolution to not spend any more money on crafts supplies till at least summer! Love each and every one of these! Your cards always regenerate me! Fabulous work!

Bobby said...

Those layering stencils look fantastic, Lisa. I may have to invest in some. All four card are wonderful.

Ina G said...

What an amazing array of cards Lisa. Wow to those layered stencils. You have showed them off beautifully.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin