Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sweet and Cheerful!


Today's inspiration challenge IC116 is this colorful room.

I took from it the colors and the rectangular figure of the refrigerator from this piece. I searched my stash of stamps for something long and tall and came across this retired SU set, Sweet Treats. I thought this would make a great birthday card for a young girl. I then went to my other stash...paper. I was thinking bashful blue and gable green, when I saw this textured blue and green paper I had gotten from my local stamp store, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. They resemble those two colors, but seemed to be a better match for this inspiration. I also picked out regal rose for the pink in the inspiration. The ribbon also seemed a perfect match. It wasn't my first choice. My first choice of ribbon had white, green, and a darker blue in it. I was going to use brocade blue instead of the pink, but I needed to color my cake in the pink, so I chose the regal rose and this ribbon. The yellow in it matches the yellow stickles I used on the candles! See? It all works in the end! I used Toy's sketch #5 for this also. The cake is colored using a blender pen and the ink from the lids of Tempting Turquoise and Regal Rose.
Speaking of stickles....everyone knows how much I love my stickles! BUT, I always have a problem remembering to let them dry before I do anything with the card (come on, admit it...it happens to you too!)! Of course, it happened today. I was photographing the card (and having trouble with getting the lighting right for these colors again) and it toppled over onto my hand. You guessed it! Stickles on my hand and a smudge on my image. Well, I was NOT going to redo the image, so there you have it! Hope you have a great day and stop by again!

Recipe
Stamps: Sweet Treats, Short and Sweet
Paper: Regal rose, whisper white, green and blue textured paper (unknown)
Ink: Tempting turquoise, regal rose, gable green, black, going gray
Accessories: Punches: large and small ovals, ticket corner, blender pen, stickles, glitter, ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin