Monday, February 18, 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge

Yesterday's Featured Stamper (FS54) was Betty (gbedwright). She has an amazing gallery and it was difficult to choose just one card to case. I chose this one because I really liked the layout and I had just purchased a set of birds (and one owl) by Inkadinkadoo called Birds Galore. I hadn't used it yet, and this was the perfect card for it! This card size is 5.5" x 5.5". I used a rectangle instead of an oval because it fit better with the image and I only have rectangular Nestabilities and wanted to emboss the edges. I stamped the image in black, then colored the swirls and some of the leaves in groovy guava and mellow moss with my blender pen. I chose the swirly groovy guava dp to match the swirls in the bird. I left off one of the flowers on each corner because they just didn't seem to fit right with the rectangle. The flowers were punched with the Three for You punch and the white dots in the middle are metal self-adhesive dots I got at JoAnn's the other day. They had a bunch of metallic-colored ones for a $1 that I picked up too! Can't pass up those $1 bargains! Whoever thought of that was a genius! What's a buck, you always say...until the buck turns into $20 or more at the register! (Sigh) Anyway, the main image is on dimensionals and I did put some diamond stickles on the bird. He seemed so dull without them! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo: Birds Galore, A Little Birdie Told Me (for sentiment)
Paper: Mellow moss, black, whisper white, groovy guava dp
Ink: Mellow moss, black, groovy guava
Accessories: Punches: Three for You, large and small ovals; nestabilities; stickles; blender pen; metal dots; dimensionals

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific composition!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and image... TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love all the details.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin