Sunday, June 1, 2008

Featured Stamper

Today's Featured Stamper is Maren (MMBC on SCS). She has an amazing gallery and blog. I was really happy to see this card, which is the one I chose to case, because I had seen this tutorial on Amy Rysavy's blog and wanted to try it. Well, today is the day I got to do just that!

I started out by choosing my patterned paper, Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl Eva. I then chose the river rock for the base and very vanilla to stamp on. I used Amy's tutorial to line everything up and punch. I used PTI's Beautiful Blooms and Spiral Bouquet for the images and stamped them in ruby red and river rock. The sentiment is also from PTI: Simple Little Things. The background looked a little bare on the river rock, so I stamped it with SU's Sanded in river rock. I used the large oval punch, the 1" punch and word window punches in ruby red, river rock, and vanilla. The brads are SU's earth elements. I originally was going to use a red grosgrain ribbon because I really didn't have anything better...or so I thought. I went back and found this beautiful ribbon called Christmas Botanicals which I got from Michael's. I wish I had gotten more because it's so beautful and worked so much better than the red grosgrain. Just yesterday I saw Mary Fish (Stampin' Pretty) posted a tutorial she found for tying the perfect bow. I tried it and it worked! I always have trouble with getting the knots to look nice. You can find that post here. Congrats to Maren for being the Featured Stamper today and have a great Sunday!
Recipe
Stamps: PTI: Beautiful Blooms, Spiral Bouquet, Simple Little Things; SU Sanded
Paper: River rock, ruby red, very vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl Eva
Ink: River rock, ruby red
Accessories: ribbon, punches: 1 1/4", 1", large oval, word window, brads, dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin