Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Make Me Laugh" ATC Swap


I was invited to participate in an ATC swap by Diane Zechman (cookiestamper on SCS). I've never done an ATC before, so I decided to give it a try. Well, let me tell you that it isn't as easy to do as it may seem! This little bugger is only 2 1/2" by 3 1/2"! Very difficult to fit everything on here! No wonder there is so much ATC activity going on out there...it's really a challenge! Diane was kind enough to send me this link for a cutting diagram for ATCs.
For this swap, Diane wanted the theme to be "make me laugh". We could interpret it in any way we chose (no nudity, please, was her only restriction!). I immediately knew that this set from Inkadinkadoo called Humorous Birthdays would fit the bill. There are six funny images and sayings, but I had to choose one that was small enough to not only fit on this small canvas, but be small enough to get some layering in! I stamped him in Adirondack Pitch Black and colored him with copics (YR07, G05, YG06, and B00...I remembered this time to write the numbers of the colors I used down before I put them away!). I used the darker green around the edges, then filled in with the lighter green. Then I used the colorless blender to blend the two colors together. I then chose this Jersey Shore SU paper to match my copic colors and the orange and brilliant blue. I had just purchased this American Crafts ribbon at AC Moore last week and it matched perfectly. Then I remembered these googlie eyes I had gotten from a teacher at school. She had gotten hundreds of packages of them from a parent and put them on the table in our faculty room to take for free. So, not wanting to be greedy, I took a few packages. The next day, they were all still there, so I took a few more. Then towards the last day of school, I took almost all of them! Apparently no one wanted them and I knew they wouldn't go to waste in my hands! Anyway, they fit on this creature's eyes perfectly! I used blue on this little guy and green on some of the others! I think this will make people laugh! Lastly, there was empty white space on the image, so I found this "Celebrate Today" stamp in PTI's Mixed Messages set, stamped it on the orange paper, and punched it with the 3/4" punch. And here you have it...my first ATC! Diane, these will be on there way to you tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. Thanks for the invitation to play! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Humorous Birthdays, PTI Mixed Messages
Paper: Only orange, brilliant blue, PTI white, Jersey Shore
Ink: Adirondack pitch black, copic markers
Accessories: American crafts ribbon, 3/4" punch, dimensionals, googlie eyes, 2-way glue pen

1 comment:

diane zechman said...

cute- I love his googlie eyes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin