Monday, June 30, 2008

Where Did 25 Years Go?


My best friend Maria and her husband, Jim, were married July 2, 1983...25 years ago! Where did those years go? I know it sounds cliche, but it seems like yesterday that I wore that cotton candy pink dress! I was her maid of honor and could not believe that my best friend, all 21 years of her, was getting married! "Why?" I remembered asking. We just started going out and having fun dancing and drinking at the discos (it was the 80's remember!). But she knew there was something special about Jim and she went for it! Best thing she ever did! They have two wonderful sons and have had a wonderful life together so far! Congratulations on these first 25 years together!
SmileyCentral.com
This is the card I am giving to them. I made this one before and just loved it. I did case it, but made a few changes to the original. You can see my post here on SCS and the link to the original card. I used Baroque Motifs and My Sentiments Exactly for the sentiment. They were stamped in Versamark on black paper and embossed in white and the circular stamps were embossed in silver. The little white flowers were embossed in white also and cut out. I used crystal brads on this one...just a little more bling than the other one I did. I also used a silver mat to go with the silver wedding anniversary theme. I also stamped the envelope. I hate giving plain envelopes. Here is a picture of the envelope.

I stamped the same sentiment on the front, and since this is a 5 1/4" square card, it looked a little lonely. So, I pulled out the PTI Wedding Day set and stamped the circle and put the dates inside it. It did the trick! Let me know what you think, and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, My Sentiments Exactly, Wedding Day
Paper: DCWV textured white, silver, black
Ink: Versamark, black
Accessories: white and silver embossing powder, crystal brads, dimensionals, ticket corner punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Discovery of Baroque Motif.
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin