Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kip the Baseball Fairy Becomes Kitty the Fairy!


Hi everyone! I needed a card for a friend's daughter who was recently hit in the face with a baseball and broke her nose and needed surgery. I wanted to use this new Paper Makeup stamp, but it's a boy, so I was trying to think of something else to use. Then I got the word that the color challenge for the PMS release party last Sunday was rose red, brocade blue, and night of navy and I knew just what I was going to do. I just added a pony tail and eyelashes to the image and Voila! Kip became Kitty! A sort of inexpensive sex change! LOL! Kitty is colored with a variety of copic markers and cut and embossed with an oval nestie. I layered it with a scalloped nestie in rose red and added the white dots on the scallops. The white dp is Bali Breeze and the other is a sheet from the rose red designer papers. The base is navy, but looks black in the picture. Her pants match the brocade blue color pretty well. I like the sentiment, although I wish it said "You Did What?!", but it fits well just the same. The ribbon has stitching on it that resembles the stitching on a baseball (I think!). There are stickles added all over the fairy for sparkle!
If you want to play along in this challenge, just hop over to the PMS Forum and add your card in the color challenge forum. You have a week to get them in and may win something! Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your week!
Recipe
Stamps: Kip the Baseball Fairy and Monster sentiments (PMS)
Paper: PTI white, rose red, night of navy, Bali Breeze and Rose Red dp (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, rose red
Copic Markers: R20, 32, 35, 37, 43; E00, 02, 27, 37, 99; YR21, 23; Y17, 21; B37, 93, 95; W-3
Accessories: Oval and tag nesties, ribbon, star dust stickles, white gel pen, dimensionals

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa, I love what you did with Kip - so pretty! And I'm dying to get those labels too.

Cheryl said...

Great image and great sex change! You would never know that the ponytail wasn't part of the original image! Love the colrs and the way you place the image and oval at an angle!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin