Monday, June 22, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge!

Are you ready for another PMS Monday Challenge? This week's challenge is a sketch challenge and it's hosted by Tangii Crain. She came up with a great sketch for us to use this week. The PMS DT all agreed that it was a great sketch to work with. Here is my take on this sketch. I used SU's new in colors again in the Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. I'm just loving these two colors. I haven't worked with the others yet, but I will soon! I started with this butterfly from PMS called Buggy Sayings. I colored it with a copic marker (I think RV14) and then went over it with some Pink Shimmerz paint. Love that stuff! It "shimmerz" so nicely! I cut and embossed the image with a nestie, and while it was still in the die, I sponged some Pretty in Pink ink around the butterfly, creating the white border. I ran a piece of Melon Mambo through the textile cuttlebug folder. The dp is SU's new Razzleberry Lemonade...so yummy! (These new colors and papers will be available on July 1st, btw!) I added a piece of SU's new Crushed Curry polka dot grosgrain ribbon, some primas, and crystal brads. I wasn't sure where to put a sentiment and which sentiment to add, so I left it off for another day! I just love how colorful this card is!

If you want to play along with our challenge, please post a direct link to your card to Mr. Linky on the PMS blog. If you post to SCS/PCP, please use the code PMSMC16 (I cannot believe we are at #16 already!). Thanks for stopping by today and I'll have another very important post today...a charity digi image that you won't want to miss!
Recipe
Stamps: Buggy Sayings (PMS)
Paper: PTI white, melon mambo, crushed curry, Razzleberry Lemonade (new SU papers)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, pretty in pink
Accessories: Pink Shimmerz paint, crystal brads, nestie, prima flowers, crushed curry polka dot grosgrain ribbon, textile cuttlebug folder, dimensionals

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute! Love the sketch! I can't wait to get my hands on these new colors! They look great! Thanks for showcasoing them (and enabling me!)

Tina said...

The colors and papers are perfect. Love this.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh I just love the incolors and can't wait until i can order mine!!! Great job my dear!

Kim said...

That's gorgeous, Lisa!

Diane said...

Awesome card, Lisa. I love the new SU colors and what you did with them. I can't wait until I can get those new colors.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin