Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For the Birds: My Time Made Easy's Release Day

I'm so excited for today because it's finally March and it's release day for some fabulous products from My Time Made Easy! If you've been following the sneaks over the last few days, you have seen projects using these amazing products!

Today, the entire MTME DT is doing a group post and we are welcoming my friend and fellow Just Us Girls member, Kathryn Berthiaume as Guest Designer for this month! We've entitled our group post For the Birds because we are all using the new stamp set from MTME called Singing Silhouette. We're making cards and packaging them up in one of the many MTME templates. I've used the Slip Cover template to package up my cards. So here are many pictures to show what I did.I made two of each style using two of the sentiments from the stamp set.

On this one, I started with paper from DCWV called Mariposa. I loved the colors and it had lots of birdcages, birds, and butterflies on it. The base of the card is SU's new Poppy Parade...what a great orangey-red color! Love it! I stamped the perch, the bird, then stamped the large bird cage over it. (There is a cut file called Caged for the large and small bird cages, but I stamped it then hand cut it...I forgot about the cut file!) I layered it on a doily I purchased at the craft store and distressed it with antique linen. I added some gold cord and tied it in a bow and also added a little piece on the top of the cage. I love the "Hope you chirp up!" sentiment!The second card uses a different paper from the Mariposa pack and Poppy Parade cardstock. I cut the branch using the Branching Out cut file (I remembered to use it this time!), reducing it to 75% (I think!). The flowers (in three different sizes) were stamped around the branch. The small bird cage was first cut using the Caged cut file, then stamped in real red ink. I added a piece of gold cord to the top of the cage to make it look like it was hanging from the tree branch. I made a tailored bow with the red grosgrain ribbon and added the sentiment. I made a very simple but elegant box using the Slip Cover template. On the bottom part of the box, I cut a piece of cardstock to fit and ran it through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. I really like how elegant it looks. What a nice gift to give to someone. I think this may go to my MIL...she likes to send out cards to lots of people.

My posts from MTME always seem to be so long! I guess I always have so much to share and love to show them off to you in lots of pictures!

Please make sure you swing by the MTME DT blogs (you can find them on my sidebar and referenced on Lauren's blog) and our guest designer, Kathryn Berthiaume's blog. Also stop by the MTME store to see all the new products available (and the older ones too!)! Lots to see!

Thanks for taking time to look around my blog today!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Marsha said...

Beautiful!

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! We are on the same wave length as we used very similar colors! LOL! Love your cards and the simplicity of the box. The bow is perfect.

Monique said...

Oh la la.. Love this set Lisa..Bright and spring like.. The vintage doilies look so cute with the bird cage.. love love this GF!!

Kathryn B said...

OMG!!! LISA... these cards are amazing! I just love your design papers and the colors you used just rock! Wow!!! Also your card layouts and the touch of gold makes for one elegant set!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful Lisa - I like those doilies - subtle yet striking accents! Slip cover is one of my fave templates and you made it fabulous with the clean lines, sharp colors and tailored bow! LOVE IT!!!

Debbie said...

What a STUNNING set, Lisa :) I adore the color palette and those Mariposa papers are perfect! What sweet little shabby touches you've added using the paper doilies and cording :)

Andrea M said...

Oh my Lisa!!! This set is GORGEOUS!!! I love the DP and the layout of your cards!!! So beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin