Friday, May 20, 2011

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Very Vintage

Hi everyone! This post was supposed to go up at midnight today, however I forgot to write it last night! I was so engulfed in American Idol (I watched Wednesday's show as well as the results show) then Grey's Anatomy and fell asleep! So I apologize to my CSAYL team!

The challenge this week on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge is vintage! I love how some of you do vintage...for me I had a difficult time with this one for some reason, but I do like the outcome in the end.

I went in search of some images that looked vintage, and I had one that I was trying to get to work for me, but it just wasn't doing it. Ever have that happen? Then I found this unmounted stamp that I purchased last summer at a stamp expo here in Buffalo. I remembered that they put these sprigs of fern behind the image, so I ran with it.

The script paper is from the Botanicabella collection by Graphic 45, and the red piece is from SU's retired Holiday Treasures. I used a Tim Holtz tool to shabby up the edges of the papers. I followed a layout from another card I did a while back.

We didn't have a sponsor this week, so we don't have a prize giveaway, but you do have the chance at being a guest designer for the month of June! So we hope you join us! Stop by the CSAYL blog to see what the girls have done with this Very Vintage challenge. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Lisa,
Good to see you! I watched Grays too, I'm so glad the end of the season wasn't so dramatic as in the past.
I love this card, and you got the vintage look.
Have a great weekend.
Judy

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! You did a great job going vintage! Hope all is well with you.. Hugs!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this Santa!!!

Crystal said...

WOW Lisa this is an AWESOME Vintage Christmas, soooo wonderful!

Carma said...

Ooooo, I LOVE this one!!! (I'm so jealous of all your Christmas cards you've gotten done so early!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin