Monday, May 2, 2011

A Communion Invitation

Hi everyone! My girlfriend's son is making his communion in a few weeks, and she asked me to make the invitations. Saturday I was at a stamping event here in Buffalo and got this layout idea from one of the stampers there.I thought it was an interesting and different way to do an invitation. The cross is from Everyday Blessings from Papertrey Ink. It was stamped in Versamark, then embossed with silver embossing powder. I added a silver pearl to the center of the cross.
The inside of the middle panel is where the information for the event is revealed. Super simple card...just some heat and dry embossing. I added the Bashful Blue panel for some color.

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great week.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Judy said...

beautiful Lisa I love the different way the card is made...
Have a great day.
Judy

Crystal said...

WOW this is beautiful Lisa, what a gorgeous invite, and sooo love this design!

Cheryl said...

I KNEW you would come up with something beautiful! I love how this turned out!

diane zechman said...

It's beautiful, Lisa! I was thinking of case-ing that card too!

Lynn said...

This is beautiful! I have two more First Communions so I will keep this in mind!

Andrea M said...

STUNNING card Lisa! LOVE the CAS layout and the beautiful embossed cross! The rest of the card is so lovely and allows the cross to shine!!! Love the layout too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin