Saturday, January 19, 2019

Just Us Girls #471 - Color Week

Hey friends!  It's Color Week at Just Us Girls and Angie didn't choose specific colors this time, but rather pastels.  How fun!
 
I pulled out quite a few pastel inks and even stamped the floral image in a light gray ink in keeping with the pastel color palette.  This set from Concord & 9th is kind of cool because there are layering stamps that give the look of a loose watercolor.  I wasn't sure how I liked this at first, but as the colors dried and faded a bit, I warmed up to it.  The only thing I would have changed would have been the darker color in the center of the large flower.  I still think it's too dark.  The sentiment is also in a dark gray rather than black.  I added some shimmer spritz and crystals.  It's super sparkly in person.  Love that!  This is going to my niece for her birthday.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our January guests on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hello Lovely (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, marigold morning
Ink:  Twilight, black jack, green tea, it's a girl, it's a boy, shea butter, bellini, polished
Accessories:  Misti, crystals, shimmer spritz, craft foam 


7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the ink splotching effect

cm said...

One of my favourite C9 images showcased beautifully! LOVE the colours! I really need to give my stamp more attention!
Hugs~carol

Nancy said...

I struggle with loose watercoloring but apparently you do not! Love it Lisa!!

Macimbalo said...

I love this set and the way you used it is gorgeous! Great take on the challenge theme!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, this is amazing! You have used that Concord & 9th set beautifully and perfect choice of colors.

Bobby said...

I HAD to have that stamp and haven't even used it, Lisa. I'm going to take your lovely card as a guide and make my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

Maria said...

Stunning Lisa! LOVE that flower and the way you colored it! Fantastic!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin