Thursday, January 31, 2019

Time Out #128 - Home Sweet Home challenge

Hi there!  There's a new challenge over on the Time Out blog and this time around it's our Home Sweet Home challenge, using the picture below as inspiration.
 
Stamplorations is our sponsor for this challenge, and I'm using their Romantic Expressions 3 stamp set.  I stamped the heart image onto Bristol cardstock and colored it with Zig markers then fussy cut it out.  I wanted to somehow incorporate the envelope background in the photo and thought this 3-D embossing folder sort of did the trick.  I die cut the word from red cardstock and added it to the piece.  I also die cut a scalloped mat for the main panel.  I added the acrylic hearts as a finishing touch.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Conil, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Romantic Expressions 3 (Stamplorations)
Paper:  Recollections white, Bristol white, real red
Ink:  Versafine onxy black, Zig markers
Accessories:  3-D embossing folder (We R Memory Keepers), acrylic hearts, dimensionals



6 comments:

sandie said...

oh Lisa this is a beauty! Your colouring is fab and wow that is some fab fussy cutting. I wanted to use the envelope in my card also but couldn't make it work-you found a great solution it works really well and gives the card a lovely texture. I like that frame of red-a lovely fresh card x

Jill V said...

I love that we both picked up on the envelope background- I think your take on it with the subtle embossed background is genius and goes so perfectly with the sweet heart image! Fabulous design!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Lisa. You certainly achieved what you set out to do. Love that embossed background, the tiny hearts, the scalloped red panel... all goes together beautifully and really a great take on the inspiration.

Anita in France said...

Sweet and romantic, Lisa ... lovely soft texture ... and such clever use of the EF to mimic that envelope background! Fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful. Love the layers and the texture from the embossing. GREAT take on the challenge!

Nonni said...

Beautiful card with such romantic feel! I love the embossed background, it's so stylish. The colors of our photo look very fresh and pretty in your card. xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin