Saturday, October 26, 2019

Just Us Girls #511 - Photo Week

Hello everyone!  It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby chose this pretty fall photo.
 
I made quite a few Halloween cards this year and this is the last of the ones I've made and maybe my favorite.  I've had this pumpkin die from Lil' Inkers for a long time and I don't think I've ever used it.  It die cuts the semi-circle and pumpkins all in one pass.  I then die cut the entire panel with a stitched rectangle.  I die cut another from thin cardstock to have a mask for the pumpkins while I sponged the clouds in the background with distress ink.  Then I colored the pumpkins with copic markers.  There is a separate die for the eyes and mouths to make them into jack-o-lanterns.  I added the die cut grass and stamped the bats on the panel.  The inside panel was sponged with more distress inks and spritzed with shimmer.  The white "stars" were made with a white gel pen.  I adhered that panel to the black base and added the main panel with dimensional tape.  Lastly, I added the Boo! die cut.  I loved how all the colors looked together when complete.  There's also shimmer on the Boo! die cut and pumpkins.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest, Chris Dring, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Spooky Cuties (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It, green, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, wilted violet, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, wild honey
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), simple grassy hillsides (LF), harvest moon and Boo dies (Lil' Inkers), mini cloud stencil (MFT), shimmer, craft foam 


7 comments:

Macimbalo said...

So cute, love that purple background too!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome bright card! LOVE the added purple too.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those pumpkins are so cute! This is a great scene you have created, especially with that gorgeous sky.

Chris Dring said...

I can't love this card enough! Wow! This looks amazing!

Bobby said...

Great little pumpkin patch, Lisa. The clouds look eerie in purple, especially with bats flying around.

Nancy said...

It might be my favorite too! Although, what I have seen they are all pretty fabulous! Love the clouds the circle arch and that background!!! Well done Lisa!

Ina G said...

Fun card Lisa. Love the cloudy background with those bats flying high.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin