Saturday, February 22, 2020

Just Us Girls #524 - Photo Week

Hello!  It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls.  Carol chose this underwater photo that you can take so much information from!
 
Here's a closeup so you can see all the details.
 
I sort of cased the photo...or tried to!  I started by creating the background.  I used various distress oxide inks to recreate the water, including adding the sunlight coming from that right corner.  Then I spritzed it with water and then again with shimmer spray.  It's very sparkly in real life.  Then I chose two layering sets from Hero Arts for the sea life.  I stamped those with Catherine Pooler inks.  All that was left to do was lay them out and put the shell and fish on dimensionals and then add some crystal bubbles.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed on black cardstock and adhered with dimensionals as well.  I think I may use this for a baby shower.  Would that work?
 
You can see more from the design team and our February guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Color Layering Goldfish and Color Layering Seahorse (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versamark, C. Pooler:  it's a girl, party dress, orange twist, rockin' red, something borrowed, suede shoes, aquatini, black jack; Distress Oxide:  squeezed lemonade, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch
Accessories:  Color Layering Goldgish and Seahorse dies (HA), stitched rectangle (MFT), sentiment labels (SSS), shimmerz spritz, crystal bubbles, dimensionals, craft foam 


7 comments:

cm said...

I absolutely adore your 'casing' of the photo! Your background, complete with the sunlight, is beautiful! A perfect ocean for your undersea critters! I was 'this close' to using my HA set but, as you see, headed in a different direction. Yes, this would make for a fantastic baby/shower card! LOVE!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

I love the way you blended the background, Lisa. Those seashells and the fish look right at home in your lovely ocean.

Ina G said...

What a wonderful colourful underwater scene you created here Lisa. Love the background and the bubbles.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your water background with the sunlight shining down. The fish, the shells, the seaweed, everything is absolutely perfect on this beauty! Adding the shimmer was the perfect touch to the water.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun fish card. I have a goldfish he reminds me of LOL

Nancy said...

You did a great job making the background on your card Lisa! The mix of colors and the pop of orange is awesome! Love the font on the sentiment too. Exceptional card!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is totally awesome, Lisa! The ink background looks fabulous with such a soft color blending. Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin