Saturday, April 1, 2023

Just Us Girls #673 - Color Week

 Hello friends!  Bobby is the hostess for this week's Just Us Girls Color Challenge.  She has chosen terracotta and green.

I initially thought of a plant in a pot (I see some of the other designers had the same idea) but I needed a quick sympathy card.  My good friend's brother passed away suddenly and I had to go to the wake/funeral yesterday.  Stencils make for a quick card, so I chose this turnabout stencil and used the two challenge colors.  After stenciling, I cut it on the diagonal, added the die cut sentiment and the black strip and some crystals and was done.  I really like the way the colors worked and how the card came out.  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for April, Joanne James, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Joanne!  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Peeled paint and tea dye oxide 
Accessories:  Retro Petals turnabout stencil (Concord & 9th), stitched rectangle (MFT), With Sympathy die (Dee's), crystals


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Great use of the colors, Lisa! A good sympathy card and I am so sorry you needed it!

Bobby said...

Sorry you needed the card, Lisa, but the colors worked beautifully with the stencil.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, Lisa. I'm sure they appreciated this lovely card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the colors using that stencil!

cm said...

A lovely sympathy card but sad you had need of one. I know your friend will be touched by it, as am I.
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the stenciling in the challenge colors. This is such a perfect masculine sympathy card and I am sure it was well received by his loved ones.

Ina G said...

What a lovely cas creative sympathy card with this weeks colours Lisa.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lisa this is lovely - clean and understated elegance, perfect for a sympathy card. Love that stencil too. Thanks for the warm welcome to JUGS this week!

ElizStewart said...

Just adorable Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin