Saturday, April 8, 2023

Just Us Girls #674 - Word Week

 Hello friends!  The Just Us Girls Word Week challenge is hosted by Carol this week, and she has chosen SUNSHINE.  A lot of us in the northern part of the country are certainly looking for some!

I pulled out another stencil for this card.  I used two different yellow inks to ink it up.  I found a stamp set that has this very cute face to stamp on the sun and added some pink cheeks with a copic marker.  The panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  The coordinating die was used to cut it out and I die cut two more pieces to layer it for dimension.  I finished it by matting it on a black piece also die cut with a stitched rectangle and added yellow crystals.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  No Bad Days (Erin Lee Creative), Tag You're It: Celebrations (Honey Bee)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Versamark, Sunshine, Sweet Mustard
Accessories:  Radiating Rays stencil (MFT), Tag You're It die (HB), stitched rectangles (MFT), white embossing powder, crystals


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute face on your fun sun!

Carol said...

The black just pops on your yellow sunny card! Cutest face for the sun too!

cm said...

Your smiling sun has definitely brought a smile to my face! So so so cute!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

This card is as darling as can be and certainly will put a smile on anyone's face. LOVE!

Bobby said...

Your sun is so cute, Lisa.

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, I like the sweet face on your sun! This is cute!

Ina G said...

Cute! Cute! Çute! Colourful sun rays Lisa.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous inking on the sun rays, love how you used the different shades. And that face on the sun is absolutely adorable. A real feel good creation!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lisa I can almost feel the warmth of those sunny rays - I too am looking forward to warmer days, but in the meantime I will happily make do with this fabulous sunny creation!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin