Saturday, April 15, 2023

Just Us Girls #675 - Photo/Mood Board Week

 This Moodboard for the Just Us Girls challenge this week was so appropriate for today because our weather was almost in the 80's.  Much needed warmth and sunshine here in Western New York!  Nancy is responsible for these beautiful photos and I had so many ideas for this challenge, it was hard to choose!

I settled on these garden tools from The Greetery.  I'd love to have pretty garden tools like these!  I die cut them (3 times for dimension) from white card stock and the handles from lavender card stock.  For the design on the spade, I first used the coordinating stencil then the coordinating stamp set.  The design on the hoe (?) just used the coordinating stamp set.  I noticed some script on the mood board, so I used a light gray ink and a script stamp for the background.  I layered that onto a lavender scalloped mat.  I added the preprinted sentiment strip and purple pearls to finish it as well as some shimmer on the flowers.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  In Spades (The Greetery), Script Bold Prints (Hero Arts)
Paper:  White, lavender
Ink:  Sweet mustard, soft lilac, candy violet, fresh pear, olive, twilight
Accessories:  In Spades dies and stencil, stitched rectangle (MFT), scallop die (Winnie & Walter), All Things Happy sentiment strips (SSS), pearls, shimmer


9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lisa your garden tools are delightful - if I had tools like this I don't think I could bring myself to get them dirty, they are so pretty! Love your card this week!

Carol said...

Your tools are the perfect moodboard element to go with, having them in your stash! The flowers on them are so pretty and your script in the background is a nice touch too. Great card!!!

Nancy said...

Lisa, I Love that the garden tools are taking center stage on someone's card this week! This turned out really fabulous! Enjoy the warm temps.

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty garden tools! Wonderful card, Lisa!

cm said...

I want a real life set of these garden tools; they're soooooo pretty! Love your card!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! Those garden tools are so pretty and I love the soft script background. This is making me think I could paint my garden tools, but then I wouldn't want to get them dirty.

Ina G said...

Those garden tools are beautiful - too nice to dig into dirt Lisa. Love the pretty colours. Great background and framing.

Bobby said...

I used to have a set like that, Lisa, but it was only for show. I'm not sure what happened to it. I love how you decorated the tools and the script made a wonderful background.

Carol said...

Adorable donut card Lisa! And one of my faves is a cake donut with pink icing and sprinkles!!!! Your colors and coloring are fabulous! We are finally getting a donut shop near our house and I'm hoping it is a good one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin