Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Baby Shower

I went to a baby shower today for one of the girls in my stamp class. She has a seven year old boy and was happy to hear that she is having a girl after trying so hard to conceive another child. When I went shopping at Target for her gift, I saw baby items in pink and brown...I love pink and brown! I immediately had this card in mind! The sketch is this week's sketch challenge on SCS #198. I used pink pirouette for the base. The image was stamped on shimmer white and stamped in close to cocoa. I colored it in lightly with copic markers (I think RV00 and RV02). I also used close to cocoa and bella rose dp. I used the coluzzle for the half circle (the two largest cutting lines on the template). The image and scalloped piece were cut with nestabilities. The sentiments (inside and out) are from Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI) and the images are Buggies and Booties (retired SU) all stamped in close to cocoa. I love that velvet cocoa ribbon from SU also! The half pearls filled in the empty spaces at the top. I played around with different background for the pink base (PTI polka dots, linen and sanded bg stamps), but nothing looked right, so I left it plain and added the pearls.

Below is a picture of the gifts I purchased for Linda. You can see where I got my inspiration from. I stamped the bag with the same stork image in pink and brown, and punched a cocoa tag and a smaller bella tag, mounted them together and hung it on the bag. Linda really liked the gift (especially the super-soft blanket) and it was fun watching her open all the "girly" baby gifts! That's it for today...thanks for stopping by!




SmileyCentral.com

5 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Lisa! What a gorgeous little gift package and your matching card is awesome! Love the pearls and you really made the sketch work for you!

Cheryl said...

Adorable card for that lucky baby and mom! Love the colors! That brown ribbon is gorgeous! You created this challenge card to perfection!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! I took one look at that sketch and ran the other way---but you nailed it! Maybe when I have more "leisure" time! Hah! Very pretty ensemble!
LeAnne

diane zechman said...

I haven't shopped for babies in ages...how fun to find pink & brown things! lovely card!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a beautiful card you made and a lovely gift!!! Oh, baby showers are SO much fun!!! Great project and gift!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin