Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's Twins!

No, not for me! My girlfriend's daughter is having twins...a boy and a girl! This pregnancy was a surprise for her and her husband and an even bigger surprise when they found out it was twins! She already has two boys ages two and four. She will definitely have her hands full! So tomorrow, her best friend is having a small baby shower for her so she can load up on all the things she is going to need. All she wants is diapers! So that is what she's getting from me (along with some other necessities)!

I decided to use PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings because of the "double the love" sentiment. I stamped the images on some Making Memories Animal Crackers dp...one called Ella and the other Jack and cut them out. I stamped the little elephant and bunny on them and layered them on a piece of vanilla that I ran through the cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder. That was layered on a piece of pink pirouette and bashful blue. I used the scallop border punch on both layers and pierced the scallops. I was going to use a coodinating piece of dp for the top and bottom of the card, but I didn't like the way it looked. So, I used this new cuttlebug buttons folder. The sentiment was stamped on vanilla and cut out with the oval nestability and mounted on a piece of apricot appeal also cut with the nestability. The base of the card is also apricot appeal. I took the colors from today's Inspiration Challenge IC151 on SCS found here and this is the inspiration piece I chose. I added a bit more blue because I needed to represent the baby boy as well as the baby girl that this card is for! I'm happy with the outcome...I never know what I'm going to end up with when I'm creating these things! Here's the inside for you to look at and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings
Paper: Apricot appeal, bashful blue, pink pirouette, very vanilla, Making Memories dp: Animal Crackers
Ink: Adirondack black
Accessories: Cuttlebug folders: swiss dot and buttons, scallop border punch, oval nestabilities, dimensionals


3 comments:

LeAnne said...

How sweet! I love that CB folder, I need to use mine more often. I wish them lots of blessings & patience!
LeAnne

diane zechman said...

I like your button borders, Lisa- very cute!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable! Love the colours and onesies are so cute paperpieced!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin