Hi all! Thanks to those of you who have been sticking around while I've not been posting! So sorry, but sometimes stamping has to take a back seat to the real world...work, work, work (and some fun in between!). Well, I had my stamp class last night, so I have several cards to share with you. It was a hectic rush to get them done, and I had to case two of them because I was running out of time trying to design my own. In fact, when I was finished designing card #3 for my class, I realized that I wasn't going to have enough dp paper for all ten of my girls that were coming. So, I went to my favorite blogs and cased! Well on with the show!
I wanted to do at least one Halloween card, and came up with this one. It uses last year's retired SU Halloween dp because I have three packs of it and wasn't going to invest in the current dp. One of my girls, Judith, had purchased it and graciously brought it with her for "show and tell". It uses Batty for You stamp set and All Holidays for the sentiment which was embossed with white ep. I used black and pumpkin pie inks and paper. The layout is from a Buried Treasure Challenge #BTC02. I don't know where I got this from. When I surf the blogs, I always print out sketches cause I LOVE them...they are so helpful! I always write down the name of the sketch to give credit to the rightful designer of it. The images were punched with a 1 1/4" punch and backed with a 1 3/8" punch and were placed on dimensionals. I used the spider web cuttlebug folder for the background. The spider was strategically placed in the middle of the web! Three black brads finished it off.
This next one uses one of my favorite dp papers that SU has put out. It's called Autumn Vine and is in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I think I have three packs of it because it's so pretty! I used Pocket Silhouettes for the image and PTI's Simple Little Things for the sentiment. (I did not have this sentiment stamped on the card for my class, as I had to use SU stamps. I put it on after because I am sending this to a colleague who has been out on leave for a surgery. She had a set-back and will be out for a longer period of time than anticipated.) I used Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip markers to color the main image, then over-stamped it with Sanded in Creamy Caramel. There was too much white on the oval and after several other attempts to compensate for that, I came up with this idea. I used Marvy oval punches and used a white gel pen on the scallops of the brown oval. The photo corner punch filled in the right corner. The sketch came from Holly's (Toy) Dare to Get Dirty challenge DTGDHolly08.
OK, so this is the one that almost gave me an ulcer when I finished it. I wanted to use this gorgeous Urban Garden paper, the Vanilla HPH, the Kiwi Kiss textured cardstock, and the matching lucious satin ribbon. Oh, and also the "thumping" technique. After much consternation, I made it all work and got all of the above into one card! The only problem was that the dp I used is the same double-sided dp! Therefore, with only two pieces in the pack, I was not going to have enough for all ten I had to prepare! UGGHHHH! This all came to light at about 12:30 in the morning...on a work night! I left my craft table all frustrated knowing that the next night (the night before the class), I had to come up with two more cards and cut and prepare the paper for all four cards! I didn't sleep well that night! Anyway, I do love this card. I stamped both images (from Fresh Cuts) in Kiwi Kiss, then "thumped" my Not Quite Navy marker on them to get this cool watercolor look. I'll have to find someone to send it to!
I really wanted to use this new set, Humor in Heels, for my class and cased this card by Dawn Easton. I loved it when I first saw it a while ago, and figured I'd use it. I thought I should change it a bit, so after I stamped the main image and sentiment, I scalloped the bottom edge. In hindsight, I should have scalloped it first, then stamped (which is what I told my stamp club to do last night). The shoes were colored with a bliss blue and so saffron marker, then a glue pen was used to adhere the glitter. This really made it sparkle in the light! The dp is Washington Apple and the ribbon is bliss blue grosgrain. I backed the saffron brads with pumpin pie circles. It's really a cute card.
And last, but not least, is this card. I cased this card from SCS. I went through the SU Take Three gallery on SCS and found this. I just loved it because it used my favorite dp right now, Autumn Vine, and these fall colors. The card below is an exact case, and on this one I changed the stamp. I used more mustard and chocolate chip markers and added the brown brads for the center. On the card below, I used more mustard, really rust, and chocolate chip markers. Both are lovely cards! Thanks, Angie for posting such a lovely and easy card to do...it really helped my mojo at the last minute. Well, I hope you enjoyed my post. Sorry for the rambling! On to more cards later! Have a great fall weekend! Oh, one more thing...my friend, Cheryl Rowley, just started blogging (yeah Cheryl)! She is uber-talented and you must stop by, say hello and drool at her creations! Her blog is called Cottage Creations. You won't be disappointed!