Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Box in a Bag Birthday

My SIL's birthday is tomorrow, and I purchased a Pandora bracelet for her. I have one that my friend, Maria, bought for me and I love it! I needed something to wrap it in, and remembered seeing this "Box in a Bag" that everyone was making a while ago. I'd always wanted to try one, and it was perfect for my gift. It's actually smaller than I thought, but perfect nonetheless! You can find the tutorial by Diana Gibbs here.

I started by choosing my dp. Whenever I do these projects that I've never done and am unsure of, I always reach for a dp that's either retired or not one of my favorites. This dp fit the bill. It's SU's retired Apple Cider and this is actually one of the best ones in the pack. (When I finished this box, I actually really liked it!) I followed the tutorial then added the brown velvet flowers from Maya Road, the SU buttons, and the "string" which is actually thin strips of chocolate chip cardstock (another tip from Diana). I added faux stitching to the bottom and the tab.

Now I needed a card, of course, to go with the bag. I decided to use today's sketch challenge on SCS found here. I layered the same dp on top of a piece of really rust and ran it through the Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder. I added the brown grosgrain ribbon and the retired antique brass hodgepodge hardware. The river rock squares were punched out with the scalloped square punch and I added the same velvet Maya Road flowers in a larger size. The matching HPH brad was placed in the center. This card, unlike many of the others I do, did not take over two hours! It only took about 45 minutes! Hey...I must be getting better at this! LOL!! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: PTI Women of Life
Paper: Really Rust, chocolate chip, very vanilla, river rock, Apple Cider dp (retired)
Ink: Adirondack Espresso
Accessories: Round tab, scallop border, scallop square punches, brown grosgrain ribbon, HPH, Maya Road velvet flowers, buttons, Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder, dimensionals, red-line tape

2 comments:

diane zechman said...

very cute bag! I had to look up the bracelets...they are very nice! I'm sure she'll love it.

Cheryl said...

Super gift bag AND card! I bet she loved them! I have been meaning to try the box in a bag so thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin