Saturday, August 16, 2014

Color Throwdown #305

Hi there!  This is my second post today!  When has that happened?  You can see my JUGs post here.
 
I've been itching all week to play in the Color Throwdown challenge!  I love the colors and that graphic gave me an idea I wanted to try.
 
I just received this alpha background stamp from Simon Says Stamp and just thought it was perfect for this challenge.  This actually isn't the design I was going for.  That triangular piece with the alpha stamp started out as a full piece.  On the white part, I stamped a sentiment which stamped terribly!  I was so upset because this happens to me ALL THE TIME!  So I chopped off the damaged part and went from there.  To separate the stamped letters from the sentiment, I used the stitching lines die to die cut those little dots.  Love the look!  The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I added enamel dots and was done! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Alpha background (SSS), Thanks All Ways (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, basic gray
Ink:  Kiwi kiss, tangerine tango, Bermuda bay, versamark
Accessories:  Stitching Lines die (PTI), white embossing powder, enamel dots, corner rounder


Photobucket

3 comments:

Gerrina said...

What a great make for the challenge! A bold and sunny-beautiful card!

Vickie Z said...

It is perfect! Love the angled backgrounds! Great card!! This for playing at CTD!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Lisa. Love the colorful letters in the background and the angled piece. Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin