Thursday, August 14, 2014

Time Out Challenge #12 - CASE (with your own twist)

 
Hi all!  The new challenge over at Time Out Challenges is to CASE this fabulous card by Anita and add your own twist.
 
So here's my take on it.  I chose to do a Christmas card because of this new Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil.  I colored some embossing paste with blue ink and masked off a row of the stencil then added the paste to the stencil.  This gave me the row I needed that mimicked Anita's card.  I then cut the word out from navy, white, and light blue paper and adhered them in an offset fashion.  The word "happy" was stamped in navy ink.  I added some enamel dots and some Wink of Stella to the die cut word for some shimmer.
 
You can see more inspiration from the Design Team on these blogs.  We also are welcoming our Guest Designer Shona this week!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Blissful Butterflies (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white (Michael's). night of navy, bliss blue
Ink:  Night of navy, tumbles glass distress ink
Accessories:  Christmas Greetings die (MFT), Dreamweaver embossing paste, enamel dots, Tim Holtz holiday knit stencil, Wink of Shimmer shimmer
 

Photobucket

8 comments:

sandie said...

such a great idea to make this a Christmas card and the texture on this is fabulous! I do like the knit stencil, really unique and the layered sentiment is just a perfect take of Anita's card x

Lynn said...

Oh I love the gorgeous texture...the template is fabulous and a great take on Anita's inspiration!

Beverley said...

What a beautiful stencil and FAB idea to create a Christmas card too :) Hugs Bev x

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Love this! Such a great effect - looks just like a winter sweater. Fabulous CASE-ing and a wonderfully creative card :)

Anita in France said...

Oh my, I just love this textured stencilling, Lisa ... it's so reminiscent of cosy log cabins and nordic winters! Such a wonderful CASE ... thank you! Anita :)

laurie said...

I just love the colors, so soft and wintery...pretty card!

Gerrina said...

Great case-card! Love the wintertheme and the black lifts the sentiment beautifully! Hugs, Gerrina

Nonni said...

What a gorgeous stencil... I love the knit look! Great card in all ways. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin