Saturday, August 2, 2014

Just Us Girls #252 - Word Week

It's Word Week at Just Us Girls, and Nancy has chosen the word "RIBBON"!  I was so happy to see this because I have tons of it and haven't used it in a while.
 
I wanted to use the ribbon in a different way on my card.  I decided to use the ribbon to die cut the leaves for the flower.  Then I wanted to incorporate more of it, so I used it as a border on either side of the white panel.  This die and stamp set are being used for the first time.  It's from Simon Says Stamp and I just love it!  The die cuts out the little tag on top and then the stamp set has several different flag stamps that fit into the opening. 
 
You can see more of what the JUGs DT did with ribbon on these blogs.  We also have a new Guest Designer on board for August (is it August already?).
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Friend Flags (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah white, daffodil delight, Bohemian Bazaar (Graphic 45)
Ink:  Daffodil delight
Accessories:  Friend Flags (SSS) Upsy Daisy (MFT), ribbon, glitter dot, enamel dots, glue dots, dimensional tape
 

Photobucket

9 comments:

Lynn said...

So cute! I love the gingham Lisa.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Creative using ribbon as your border and leaves!

Marisa said...

Brilliant use of the ribbon! Love the gingham leaves!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great idea to cut the leaves out of ribbon. I love the ribbon borders too! Beautiful card!

sue t. said...

This is so cute, with great colors! Love how you used the ribbon.

Nancy said...

Love the ribbon leaves...but tell me did you trim them by hand after you adhered them to card stock or did you just cut the leaves out of the ribbon itself??? Great card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a fresh and happy card! Love the ribbon leaves, very creative. Love the whole design.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very creative use of ribbon here. Fun card!

Pamellia said...

This is wonderful! I love the colours and how you used the ribbon as leaves and trim! The glitter flower center is such a cutsie touch! Love it! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin