Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dreams du Jour

This is for today's color challenge of soft sky, river rock, and vanilla. I started this card this morning and worked on it intermittenly throughout the day because I had some important things to do today (go to the gym, get hair done, and go to a baseball game!). I started by pulling out all the colors and the patterned paper that went with these colors. I loved the way they looked together. I chose to use this stamp from the new SU Dreams du Jour set. I stamped it in river rock, then colored the flowers with a copic marker and colored the leaves with river rock and a blender pen. I then cut it out and mounted it on two circles cut and embossed with Nestabilities. I was only going to use one of the ribbons, but couldn't decide which one so I used both. Why not, right? After it was all done, I didn't like the way the two ribbons intersected in the corner, so I added the flowers and put a crystal brad in the middle to bling it up. The flower centers on the main image needed some bling too, so I used a dab of crystal stickles. I really like the way this turned out. The sentiment is from PTI's Limitless Labels. Here is the inside of the card. The sentiment on the inside is from Gina K's Friendship Blooms. It says "Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things". I think that's such a beautiful sentiment. I'm giving this to my friend Maria for her birthday tomorrow, but she won't get it until I see her on Friday. I hope she doesn't see it before then! Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow!
Recipe
Stamps: Dreams du Jour (SU), Limitless Labels (PTI), Friendship Blooms (Gina K Designs)
Paper: River rock, soft sky, vanilla, soft sky and ginger blossom dp
Ink: River rock, copic marker
Accessories: River rock and soft sky ribbon, prima flowers, crystal brad, crystal stickles, small and large oval punches, nestabilities, blender pen


1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous! I wished I could have played that color challenge after seeing everyone's beautiful creations! So pretty with all the embellishments!
LeAnne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin