Sunday, July 13, 2008

Warning: Twisted Sentiment!

Hi all! My friend, Maria, just bought a bicycle for the first time in many years. She is the one who just had gastric-bypass surgery and is doing great...she has lost over 50 pounds so far! Yeah Maria! The bike she ended up buying is cotton candy pink and has a bell on it! Well, I cannot tell you how much ribbing she has gotten so far (she's only had it for a couple of days)! Her sons are having a ball with this one! I got a couple in as well, but I have to tell you I'm really proud of her! So much so, that I had to make a card in honor of this milestone in her life. With Maria's wicked humor, it couldn't be too sentimental, so this suits her well. Here is the card.

I immediately thought of this bike from SU's Time for You. Maria's bike doesn't have a basket (that was the first thing I asked her about it), but she wants one! Crazy, I know! Anyway, I used copics to color it and used the silver Spica glitter pen on the chain, on the middle of the wheels where the spokes come together, and on the horn. I also used the lemon Spica glitter pen on the middle of the flowers. It was cut and embossed with Nestabilities. Now I knew I needed a witty sentiment...something like "ride on baby". I was going through my stash of stamps and came across this MFT Twisted Sentiments set. (I looked for it on their website to link it, but couldn't find it. I don't know why.) When I saw this, I thought it would be perfect! I used Berry Bliss paper along with close to cocoa and pretty in pink. I love the addition of the flowers...I'm on a mission to use them more often. Now for the inside. I wrote my sentiment on there before I took the picture, so I had to crop it out (my handwriting is terrible and I didn't want you to see it!). Here is the inside with another Twisted Sentiment.

I wanted her to feel like she is "all that" on her cotton candy pink bicycle! I'll have to get a picture of it and post it here! I hope you get some whistles on that thing, Maria! Hope you enjoyed my post and thanks for stopping by! (PS...I'm also entering this as today's Inspiration Challenge. There were two wedding cakes in pink and brown decorated with circles. As I thought about it later, I guess I did use the colors and circle theme as my inspiration!)
Recipe
Stamps: SU Time for You; MFT Twisted Sentiments
Paper: Pretty in pink, close to cocoa, white, Berry Bliss dp
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, copic markers
Accessories: Prima flowers, brads, glue dots, dimensionals, Spica glitter pens, nestabilities

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card and sentiment. I know your friend will love it.

Anonymous said...

This is one of those cards she'll keep forever ... absolutely fun & fabulous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin