Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sketch Challenge 4th of July!


I did this card for the Sketch Challenge on SCS today. I know I say this all the time, but these are my favorite challenges. I'm usually sketch-challenged when I sit down to do my cards. So these really help.

Today's sketch was perfect for what I wanted to do with this Karen Lockhart image I just got last week at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. I left a little white cardstock above the image to accommodate the sketch and used it to tie this fabulous star ribbon onto. I purchased it at AC Moore (it was on a roll of 4 ft. for $1). It worked so nicely. I first colored the image with copic markers (there are about 15 different colors going on in this one little image)! Then I went looking for red and blue dp to match. I came up with SU's Cutie Pie and retired Cerise. I can't wait for SU's new catalog to come out to see what new dp they have. I just love their papers lately! I mounted everything on black cardstock to give it some pop. There was some white space that needed something. I had also purchased these glitter dots at my LSS along with the stamp, and they worked perfectly to fill in the white space. These glitter dots can also be purchased at Gina K designs. I had purchased some other colors from Gina K and was happy to see that my LSS carried them too! I took the picture and then put the card in a envelope and sent it off to my Aunt Vi. She's well into her eighties, and loves to send and receive cards. I've made some for her in the past and she loved them. I have make more for her. I think she'll like this as well! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe

Stamps: Karen Lockhart

Paper: PTI White, black, cerise, cutie pie

Ink: Adirondack black, copic markers

Accessories: ribbon, glitter dots, dimensionals, stickles, crystal effects (for the dots)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin