Thursday, July 3, 2008

She Scores!

Using the Scor-Pal, that is! Today's Ways to Use It Challenge is to use scoring in your card. Well, I knew immediately that I needed to pull out SU's Blossoms Abound. Can you believe I never inked, much less cut it up and mounted it? I bought it just for this type of technique...scoring and clear embossing. I've always thought this stamp should be on tiles, so that's what I made it look like (I hope!). This is a two-step stamp set, so I first stamped it in PTI's Lavender Moon (the lighter color) on Vintage Cream cardstock, then used the next stamp in Plum Pudding (the darker shade) and, using the stamp-a-ma-jig, overstamped it to get the shading. The stem and leaves are also two-step stamping. I stamped the branch in Wild Wasabi and stamped the leaves in Certainly Celery using the SAMJ again to line it up. Then I took the piece to my Scor-Pal and scored it on the diagonal every 1/2". I inked it up with Versamark and clear embossed the entire piece. Very easy! I had trouble, however, matting it. I was inspired by this card I saw on SCS yesterday. Let me tell you that it took a long time to come up with this layout (sketch challenged...I told you!). I didn't have the long rectangular nestabilities (now on my list), so I had to cut one and a half scalloped rectangles and tape them together. Because of the busy pattern, you can't tell and I was happy! The rest came together easy...an SU pink taffeta bow, PTI sentiment using circle and scallop circle nesties. The main image and the sentiment are on dimensionals. This is going to a friend who recently lost a loved one. I've been delinquent on sending a card. Well, thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Blossoms Abound, PTI Mixed Messages
Paper: PTI Plum pudding, vintage cream, guidelines dp
Ink: Plum pudding, lavender moon, wild wasabi, certainly celery, versamark
Accessories: SU pink taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, nestabilities, clear embossing powder, Scor-pal

1 comment:

diane zechman said...

very pretty Lisa! Great scoring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin