Sunday, July 20, 2008

Get Well Soon


I found out today that one of my favorite aunts, Aunt Vi (I've written about her on my blog before...she loves to send and receive cards), had a stroke this week and she is now in a nursing home for rehab. So I had to immediately make a card for her because we are going to visit her tomorrow afternoon. I wanted a bigger card and something very pretty and feminine. This new paper from SU, Bella Rose, is just that. And this flower from Live Your Dream worked well for this sketch by Diane Zechman (papercookies). You can see the sketch here. All the inks I used are the new SU In Colors. I used Kiwi Kiss to ink up the stem and leaves of the flower. Then I used the ink in the lid and a blender pen to get color on the flower (Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette). After I stamped it, I went over the flower again with the blender pen to get a darker color. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. The dew drops I've had for about a year and never used. I sort of forgot I had them until they fell off the shelf and hit the floor. I guess they were tired of being ignored! They are a nice accent to this paper. The PTI grosgrain ribbon is Spring Moss and went nicely with the Kiwi Kiss. This card is 5.25" square. Here is the inside. I used Pink Pirouette and a strip of the Bella Rose dp. This sentiment stamp is from JoAnn's. I purchased it a long time ago and it works for Get Well cards, birthday cards, and pretty much any other type of card. The company that makes it is Angel's Attic...never heard of them before.

Before I leave, I want to show you what I've done. It may not be an "Aha!" for you, but it is for me. I have several PTI stamp sets, and many of them have a "handstamped by" stamp in them. I'm constantly using them and have to go through all the sets to find the "right one". I had this lightbulb go off the other day to take all those stamps and put them in their OWN CASE! How genius is that? You've probably already done that, right? Well I did that today, and I'll keep that CD case near me so I can finish my card and not have to search each CD case for the right one! Here's a picture of it. It's probably going to be difficult to see, but I wanted to post it anyway. Good idea or what? Let me know if you've already done this or if this is something new to you. I'd like to know if I'm a pioneer in stamp organization! (LOL)! Thanks for stopping by and please take a look at the next card I posted today also.
Recipe
Stamps: SU: Live Your Dream, Sincere Salutations; Angel's Attic (inside sentiment)
Paper: Riding hood red, kiwi kiss, pink pirouette, Bella Rose dp, PTI white
Ink: Riding hood red, kiwi kiss, pink pirouette
Accessories: Dimensionals, circle punches, dew drops, PTI Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

diane zechman said...

Lisa, I love your card- the colors are so pretty! And those Dew Drops are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card - Lisa!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin