Saturday, July 5, 2008

Who's That Doggie?


Isn't this dog just the cutest thing? It just reminds me of my dog, Lizzie, because she's always got something in her mouth to play fetch with. In fact, just as I was taking this picture, my DH was bringing her back from the neighbor's house (we're going there for their son's birthday party) because she was trying to play bean bag with them! She was only there for about 3 minutes and got kicked out! Right now she is on her leash singing the blues (literally)! She is not a happy dog right now!
On with the card...I made this for our now 11 year-old neighbor, Kevin, for his birthday. He loves Lizzie, so I thought this Whipper Snapper image was perfect. As I was going through my dp, I was concerned I wouldn't find anything appropriate (you know, being a girl I always go for the girlie dp). But this Cosmo Cricket paper worked. I believe the names of these two designs are Links and Broadwith. I colored the dog with copics (E33 and E37) and used the blender for shading. I used black for his nose and put some Crystal Effects on it to make it look wet. It's hard to see on the picture. I also used a silver pen to color in his tag. I used Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday #24 sketch (an oldie but a goodie) and because I had the sketch, it came together very easily and quickly! I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Whipper Snapper, PTI Simple Little Things
Paper: Certainly celery, real red, Cosmo Cricket: Links and Broadwith
Ink: Adirondack black, copic markers
Accessories: brad, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, silver pen

2 comments:

diane zechman said...

Love your doggie...he's on my wish list! Gotta love the Whipper snapper stamps!

LeAnne said...

Lisa, this little fellow is so sweet---I wish SU would have some good doggie stamps! Thanks for visiting my blog, glad you signed up!
LeAnne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin