Saturday, February 6, 2021

Just Us Girls #570 - Word Challenge

Hey there!  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is our Word Challenge.  Vicki has chosen the word
VALENTINE!

 
So I thought I'd mix it up a bit and instead of making a card, I made a home decor diy project.  Have you ever heard of The Little Green Bean Instagram store?  I got hooked on her adorable sweater gnomes.  This year, she swung into diy projects because so many people were looking for projects to do with kiddos and adults since we were spending so much time at home.  She showcased her first set of houses at Christmas time and I was in awe.  I bought the three houses she had and painted and decorated them.  Then she came out with Valentine themed houses.  I of course had to have those too.

So here is the first house I did.  The houses come with a backer piece that have all the pieces engraved on them so you know where to place them.  The chimney, heart, windows and door are like puzzle pieces that fit right in the openings.  I painted all the pieces separately and added star dust stickles to parts of it.  On the Christmas ones, I used a brick stencil to create a brick house and a woodgrain stamp to create that look on the cabin house.  I wish I would have done some texture on these as well.

Here's the second one.  A much taller house.  I need to add some flowers to the flower boxes.  I just didn't have tiny flowers on hand when I put these together.  Again, I wish I had added texture to the house.  It looks so flat here.  Oh well!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for February, Leslie, on the
JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!




10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally love these adorable houses! The gray, black and red look amazing!

Macimbalo said...

So cute! Really love these houses!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are so cool! Love the colors you painted them with. Love the heart windows and the heart topiaries.

Leslie said...

Awwww, these little houses are super adorable and perfect for Valentines! I'm off to check out The Little Green Bean IG store!

Nancy said...

I am so glad you decided to share these with us Lisa! Well done and I am sure they brighten your home during winter! Take care!

Julia Aston said...

what sweet little houses!

Bobby said...

Those little houses are so cute, Lisa. Great job on painting them.

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is sensational and stunning! Love how you have gone out of the box and created this little house. Colourful in Valentine colours. So glad you shared it with us. Everyone is sure to love it!

cm said...

Swooning over your adorable houses, Lisa! Talk about a fun project with results that are simply awe-mazing! Cuteness galore!
hugs~carol

Cécile RIBON said...

These houses are adorable, Lisa! I love the colors you've chosen.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin