Saturday, February 13, 2021

Just Us Girls #571 - Trend Week

 Hi friends!  I'm back with another Just Us Girls challenge.  This week is Trend Week.  Maria has chosen for us to make a slim line card for this challenge.


I started this card by using things I found on my desk.  I had this hello die cut from another project that I did not use and the phone die.  As a young girl, I always wanted a pink princess phone.  Needless to say, my parents nixed that dream...I wonder why?  So I die cut the major pieces of the phone from a dark pink piece of scrap cardstock I also found on my desk and other parts from black and white.  After putting the phone together, I smooshed Versamark ink all over it and embossed it with clear embossing powder to give it the shine of a real phone.  I put those pieces aside and went to work on the background.  I pulled out a dotted circle stencil and added pink ink.  The stencil is a 6x6 size, so I had to move it down to cover the whole piece.  Then I die cut the black scallop frame and added that to the stenciled piece.  All that was left to do was stamp the sentiment, add the die cut pieces and some black clay hearts.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for February, Leslie Turner,  on the

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Layered Bouquet (Pink Fresh Studio)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, melon mambo
Ink:  Versamark, worn lipstick distress oxide
Accessories:  Dial Phone (SSS), slimline nested rectangles (SSS), slimline sentiments (Honey Bee), jumbo polka dot stencil (MFT), hello die (MFT?), clear embossing powder, black clay hearts

8 comments:

Bobby said...

The phone works great with that sentiment, Lisa. Do you have a pink cellphone?

Macimbalo said...

Adorable card and who didn't want a pink princess phone back in the day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I love that phone. Super fun card

Nancy said...

Love the bright bold telephone against your soft background. Great use of what you had laying on your desk too. I can only imagine how shiny the telephone is in real life. That was a clever idea. Fantastic Slimline card! Take care!

Maria said...

This is so perfect! Love that telephone so cool. Great job this week with the challenge.

Leslie said...

Beautiful slimline! Love the stenciled background and of course that old school phone! ;)

Ina G said...

Love your take on your slimline challenge Lisa. The telephone is just perfect to keep in touch in these tough times. Great background and perfect sentiment.

Cécile RIBON said...

That bold pink old fashioned telephone is absolutely awesome, Lisa! And I love the soft stenciled background that makes me think of bubbles.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin