Friday, February 19, 2021

Seize the Birthday #208 - Create a Scene

 Hi friends!  I have a birthday card that fits in perfectly with the new Seize the Birthday challenge...Create a Scene.

My golfing friend has a birthday coming up and I pulled out this old Gina K set called Golf Diva that I've never used before.  (I haven't checked to see if it's still available or not).  I started by die cutting a panel with a stitched rectangle and stamped the images.  I masked all of them (even the little golf ball). I took a piece of masking tape and cut it into an arch.  I stenciled the clouds using blue ink then placed the other piece of masking tape to cover up that part and blended some green ink for the grass.  I removed the masks and colored the images with copic markers.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added it with foam strips.  I finished it by spritzing the panel with shimmer.  I'm thinking my friend is going to get a kick out her golf ball making it into the hole!  LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Golf Diva (Gina K)
Paper:  Recollections white, Neenah
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, broken china and mowed lawn distress inks, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), masking magic (Gina K), shimmer spritz, cloud stencil (MFT)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such an awesome card and I can't even believe you had not used it before. I have this set and it's been eons since I used it. I love the way you made the hill and the dotted lines was brilliant. I am totally casing this one day! Take care!

Nancy said...

I failed to say I was tickled to see you joining us at Seize the Birthday! Thanks!

shirley-bee said...

It’s great to see a female golfing card, love the scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin