Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Yesterday was my Mom's 81st birthday (and I forgot to take a picture of her....ugghh!). But here is a picture of her in December with her new great-granddaughter, Ava.I had her over for her favorite dinner that I make...Wingless Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray and we all love it! Being from Buffalo, we all love our chicken wings! I also had her sister, my favorite aunt, Joannie over for cake and coffee. Anyway, I made this card for her. My mom loves yellow and so I thought this floral image I just got from Gina K designs called Spring Florals, was perfect.I used a dp from Basic Grey's Origins and the yellow piece (PTI's Lemon Tart) was run through an SU folder. I used some Certainly Celery twill ribbon to tie it all together and some PTI buttons as an accent. The sentiment is from the same Spring Florals set. I added some yellow and star dust stickles to the image and swirled some Certainly Celery ink around the image and sentiment. The card is a 4 3/4" square to fit my 5" envelope. My mom really loved the card and what was in it...a gift card to her favorite grocery store (it's what she always asks for!).

It was a really nice first day of spring yesterday, and I'm hoping today will be just as nice (although I think it's going to rain...better than snow)! Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks for stopping in today!

Recipe
Stamps: Spring Florals (Gina K designs)
Paper: PTI white and lemon tart, Origins dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, certainly celery, copic markers
Accessories: Nesties, twill ribbon, yellow and star dust stickles, buttons, floss, embossing folder

10 comments:

Shaela said...

beautiful card Lisa! love the soft green and yellow, very pleasing to the eye. I'm sure your mom loved it :)

Crystal said...

Lisa what a beautiful card......!!1 So pretty, I know she just loved this!!! AWW what a great picture of mom!!! Have a great day!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a lovely card! That flower stamp is gorgeous. And you colored it womderfully. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card...love the colours and your coloruing! Happy Birthday to your mom...what a wonderful reason to celebrate!

Deborah Young said...

Lisa - that's a great picture! The card is yummy. Now I think I need to pull out more yellow and green!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, Lisa. You can see the family resemblance between you and her. I think you posted once on the WNY link that you were making that Rachel Ray Pizza because I instantly remembered it and I think I made it once, too, after seeing your post. Your delicate floral and soft colors as well as your wonderful eye for layout, has all combined for a beautiful work of art here.

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe! I remember this photo Lisa! Happy Be-lated Birthday to your Mom! Your card is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday to your mom! (a little late!)
You must have really pleased her with this card! The yellow and green are perfect for this time of year! Great, great card!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Happy B'day to your Mom!

Your card is gorgeous! I love BasicGrey, and the image and ribbon are perfect!

Thank you for your sweet comment today :)
hugs, margie

Dawn B. said...

Lisa they are all beautiful..The card, mom and the new baby.. What a great birthday card.. She must have loved all you did for her. Thanks for sharing it with us... SOunds like such a good recipe.. Yum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin