Monday, March 15, 2010

Lucky Me to Have You!

Hello everyone! It's Monday...again! The beginning of a new week and I have a card I made for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I wanted to do a St. Patty's Day card for my MIL. She always has all of us over to her house for Reuben sandwiches on St. Patty's Day! Yum!!! The sketch was perfect for this very simple card. The sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps new release called Lucky Me. I altered the sentiment a bit...the stamp says " Lucky me to have a friend like you!" I took out the words "a friend like" because I'm giving it to my MIL. Very easy to do with a marker and a stamp-a-ma-jig. The shamrock image is from a Studio G $1 set. The dp is from Basic Grey's Origins that my friend Cheryl gave me. I purchased the ribbon in the $1 bin at Michael's on a shopping trip with Cheryl too! I just picked up the flowers today at JoAnn's, and they reminded me of carnations, which my MIL loves! So they found a place on this card for her! I felt they needed some leaves, so I punched some with a MS punch out of celery and garden green card stock.

On a side note: my dh and I went to the Irish Center in South Buffalo (a huge Irish community) to have some Guinness and Harp beer, listen to some Irish music, and watch the girls do some Irish dancing. These girls (and two boys) are always so amazing to watch. This group has travelled many times to Ireland for competitions and have won!

Well, that's it for me today. I hope you are celebrating St. Patty's Day this week! Thanks for stopping in...have a great week!
Recipe
Stamps: Lucky Me (PMS), Studio G $1 stamps
Paper: Barely banana, garden green, Origins dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Garden green
Accessories: Nesties, flowers (K & Co), ribbon (Michael's), MS punch, star dust stickles, distressed stipes folder, dimensionals

9 comments:

Inger Harding said...

Such an elegant and beautiful card!!
Lovely work!

greetings, Inger

Tina said...

Wow, love all the green here. Fabulous way to do the sentiment, really makes the stamp more versatile. Love it Lisa!

Karen Giron said...

This is lovely!! The sentiment is really cute and I love those $1 finds at Michaels!!! :D

Monique said...

Very pretty Lisa :)

Lisa Brown said...

Love this, Lisa!

Cheryl said...

Gee, you are clever and creative! I love how you've brought this sketch to life for the perfect St. Patty's (or is it Paddy's) Day card!
Enjoy your Reuben! The Irish dancing(and beer) sounds great! We've already had a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner! Another one for the big day! Love it!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

What a perfect card for the occasion, Lisa. Mmmmm, reubens!! We don't really celebrate St. Patty's at all, but I'm all for the sandwiches!! Enjoy your family tradition. What a sweet way to appreciate your MIL with this wonderful creation. AND, shopping with friends is ALWAYS a treat, especially when you find awesome deals.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Perfect sentiment for the occasion :) I am sure your MIL will be thrilled to receive this beautiful card!

Katie Cotton said...

this is awesome! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin