Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Creative Corner Challenge

I read on Silke Ledlow's blog that this was her last challenge on Our Creative Corner, so I had to play in her honor! She created a sketch for the challenge, which I love! I loved the sketch, but changed it a bit to accommodate the image I wanted to use. I turned the sketch on its side and placed the sentiment differently. I think that will be ok, don't you?This stamp set is from WPlus9 Design Studio and it's called Just A Note. They sponsored our Just Us Girls challenge a few weeks ago, and I loved this set so I purchased it.

We were invited to our friends' house for dinner a few weeks ago and I needed to send a thank you card. They are very musical....they have their own band (he plays base and she is the lead singer) and perform frequently around town and she is a piano teacher as well. So I thought a music-themed card would be in order.

The dp is from Making Memories called FaLaLa. I stamped the music staff in chocolate chip on PTI's vintage cream and the sentiment in riding hood red. I then aged the piece using creamy caramel and close to cocoa inks. The ribbon is from SU called Alpine (from last year). The brown piece under the image was run through the distressed stripes folder, and the red layer was punched with SU's new border punch.

That's it for today! Have a great Sunday, and thanks for stopping in today!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Lisa I LOVE these colors...and I LOVE how you flipped the sketch it is fabulous....This whole design looks great girl!! Enjoy your Sunday!

LorettaL said...

I love the clever twist to the OCC sketch!!! Wonderful card.

Thanks so much for playing along with us on the OCC this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Lisa...love that you flipped the Sketch!!! This is such a happy card and I feel like singing now :)!!! The DP is really cool too...beautiful design GF!!!

Thank you for playing along and enjoy your time with your friends!!! Big hugs ~S~

Katie Cotton said...

what a fun sketch! Great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin