Friday, March 12, 2010

Makeup for the Weekend - Paper Makeup Stamps

It's Friday! Sooo glad for this day to arrive! Now I just can't wait until 3:30 when I can start my weekend! :-)

Today Paper Makeup Stamps has another challenge for you. Maria Gurnsey came up with a fabulous color challenge: Red, Blue, and Kraft. For some reason, a nautical theme came into my mind. And as luck would have it, Paper Makeup Stamps has a set that fit the bill: Sailing By.
I love these colors with this set! I started my process with a sketch (of course) from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #59 by Karen Giron. I took the largest of the two anchors from the set and stamped it onto a piece of Boxer dp from Basic Grey. I cut it out, ran it through my Xyron machine (great for paper piecing...dust that little machine off!), and placed it on a piece of kraft paper which I cut with a circle nestie. That was placed onto a real red piece which was cut with another nestie. I swirled some Night of Navy ink on both kraft pieces. The sentiment (also from Sailing By) was stamped in Night of Navy. The navy polka dot piece is from Basic Grey's June Bug dp. I layered all that on a real red piece, added some navy and red ribbon, and placed that on a kraft base. The brass accents are from the jewerly department at Michael's. I just attached them with glue dots.

So do you love this color combo? Why not stop by the PMS blog and participate in the challenge. You can also see more examples by the DT to get some inspiration.

Thanks for stopping in today and I'll see you back here tomorrow for the Just Us Girls weekly challenge...we have a great technique challenge for you so stop by! Enjoy yor weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Sailing By
Paper: Kraft, real red, Boxer and June Bug dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, night of navy
Accessories: Nesties, ribbon, jewelry accents, corner rounder, Xyron machine, dimensionals

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Awesome card Lisa!!!!

Michelle VP said...

These are the perfect colors for this set! Love the pieced anchor and the metal accents. :)

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the paper pieced anchor...I didn't notice it in the forum...fabulous touch :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is just the BEST card! I love everything about it!

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow....lower away! This is neat!

Tina said...

Holy smokes, this is wonderful. Looks perfect with the color scheme.

Michele Gross said...

Love that you went nautical-Perfect for these colors! (and you have boy bling-yay!!)

Karen Giron said...

This is amazing!! Love that nautical theme and the colors! Thanks for sending the link - this is fantastic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin