Friday, March 19, 2010

Just Us Girls - Color Challenge

Happy Spring everyone! Today at around 1:30 it will finally be Spring! I'm hostessing the Just Us Girls challenge this week, and I thought Spring colors were in order for this week.I surfed around the Pottery Barn Kids website to find something in the colors I wanted, and found this picture. It was perfect for what I was looking for! I loved all the pale colors! Here's what I came up with.I have a bunch of Magnolia stamps and just do not use them enough. I purchased a few Magnolia Easter stamps last year, but never used this one. I just love that little bunny she's holding! She's colored with about 20 different copic markers (so I did not write them down!). I used Basic Grey's Urban Prairie dp. The floral dp is more green than it looks in the picture. The sketch was based on Mercy Kerin's sketch from a couple of weeks ago. I feel my sewing straight stitches needs work! They are a little crooked! The roses are Primas I picked up at my LSS a few weeks ago, and the nesties are new as well. I think this is a very interesting shape.

The Just Us Girls team, as well as Stephanie Kraft, March Featured Designer, have done a beautiful job with these colors. You can see their work on the JUGs blog, but here are links to their blogs.

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Tilda with Bunny (Magnolia), All Holidays (SU)
Paper: PTI white, barely banana, certainly celery, Urban Prairie dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, close to cocoa, copic markers
Accessories: Nesties, MS border punch, star dust stickles, Prima roses, dimensionals

13 comments:

Shaela said...

very elegant - love the double lace edge along the bottom :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Your coloring is fantastic!
And I love the border punches at the bottom. Great Job! Your card is so elegant and pretty.

Maria said...

Fabulous job! LOVE that image and your colring is fabulous! Love those rose buds

Crystal said...

Lisa WOW this is gorgeous, your coloring looks amazing!! Such a pretty card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! That adorable image reminds me of my daughter 10 years ago! I used to make her those big floppy cloth bunnies! Thanks for the memory :) Gorgeous coloring as always! Thanks so much for the beautiful colors to play with this week :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image of her holding that bunny! You colored it fabulously, Lisa! Love the layout and those wonderful roses! Thanks for the great color challenge!!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is totally totally adorable - I LOVE that sweet magnolia image - and your coloring - mmmm come spend a week at my house this summer and teach me??? Beautifully done and great challenge.

Tangii Crain said...

I love it! The colors are perfect!

Monique said...

So pretty Lisa.... Your coloring is remarkable...:)

Unknown said...

Lisa - OMGosh she's SO cute!! I love how you used the colors -- great balance, and the stitching is great...I haven't touched my sewing machine since Mona's challenge - lol.

Beautiful!! Thanks for the great challenge!

Inger Harding said...

Ohhhhh this is so adorable!!!!
Love it!! :o)

greetings, Inger

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, springy card!! Love how you've colored her Easter dress! the peach roses are the perfect touch!

Christine (Creative Journey) said...

What a lovely spring card! The punched border is so very pretty, and I love your coloring skills on the adorable Magnolia image! Beautiful work, Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin