Sunday, August 24, 2008

Celebrate Today

I needed a Christening card today and so I decided to use today's Featured Stamper challenge for my inspiration. Today's featured stamper is Kokirose. She has a great gallery...so many cards! I had several I wanted to use, however I settled on this one. The oval fit my christening dress image perfectly. When I went for my Nestabilities, I realized (for about the 100th time) that I don't have the ovals! I have everything but the ovals! So I couldn't scallop my largest oval. I had to use the coluzzle for cutting both ovals. What a difference the scallops make! It would have looked so much prettier. I used the textile cb folder on the pink pirouette and the brown oval. Kokirose's card had jewels on it, but I changed mine to pearls to give it a more vintage feel like the dress. The dp is Bella Rose, and I wished I would have used something that would have shown up better. It seems to be washed out against the pink pirouette. The ribbon is from SU's retired Theatre and the image is also from a retired SU set, Buggies and Booties. I added the flowers and sentiment. I also used the Spica clear glitter pen on the dress and a little on the pink flower. It's shimmery IRL. I don't have an appropriate sentiment for a christening to put inside, so I'll have to generate one on the computer and print it out. Thanks for looking and stop by again!
Recipe
Stamps: Buggies and Booties, Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Close to cocoa, pink pirouette, PTI white, Bella Rose dp
Ink: Close to cocoa
Accessories: Textile cb folder, coluzzle, SU Theatre ribbon, pearls, scallop border punch, 3/4" and 1' circle punches, prima flowers, Spica clear glitter pen, dimensionals, sponge dauber

1 comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Soft and prety, love this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin