Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home Tweet Home


Don't you just love birdhouses? I do. I'm always looking at them at craft shows, JoAnn's, or anywhere I find them. There is just something about a pretty birdhouse that catches my eye. This birdhouse stamp by Impression Obsession was no exception. I bought it a while ago at my LSS because I just loved the rustic feel of it and I knew it would be fun to color...and it was! I used copic markers to color it. The sunflower looks really dark because I think I put too many stickles on it. It doesn't look as dark IRL. I popped up the watering can and the sunflower to give it more depth. Once I colored it, I stamped the top part of the birdhouse on a post-it note to create a mask so I could create the clouds in the background. It turns out that I really didn't need the mask because the Soft Sky blue was so light it wouldn't have done anything to my main image. I stamped the Summer Sun base (I don't use this color enough...it's really a rich color) with Weathered bg stamp in Creamy Caramel and mounted the main image on Bella Rose dp. The sentiment is from PTI's Out on a Limb and was cut and layered using Nestabilities. The ribbon is SU's chocolate twill. This layout is from today's sketch challenge at SCS and also for Thursday's Ways to Use it Challenge (use copic markers).

Here's the inside. I searched for a watering can...I knew I had to have one somewhere, and lo and behold I found one in MFT's Can Ya Dig It. I also stamped a little flower in the middle of the can because it looked too plain. The Bella Rose dp was punched with SU's scallop border punch. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Tweet Sumertime (Impression Obsession), Weathered, In My Thoughts (SU), Can Ya Dig It (MFT), Out on a Limb (PTI)
Paper: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, PTI white, Bella Rose dp
Ink: Adirondack black, chocolate chip, soft sky, copic markers
Accessories: SU twill ribbon, stickles, nestabilities, scallop border punch, dimensionals, dauber

2 comments:

Jennie said...

This is just beautiful! I love the coloring and the shading effect on the birdhouse. Where can I find this stamp? I don't see this brand at either Michael's or AC Moore.
Have a great day!
Jennie

Catherine said...

Lisa, your card is beautiful, love every detail on your card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin