Friday, August 8, 2008

Always on My Mind

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge was to make an ATC card (mine is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2") that you could put into a loved one's lunch box to let them know you are thinking of them. When I first got married, I used to make my DH's lunch and put post-it notes in there thinking he'd see them when he ate lunch. I later found out that he ate his lunch ON THE WAY TO WORK, so he saw them right after he left me for work! So I stopped doing that (LOL)! Anyway, he worked a really long day yesterday (12 hours), and was so tired when he came home, but he managed to find time to sit and talk with me and also play with our Springer, Lizzie. She was so happy because she missed him all day (and drove me nuts in the process)! The two of them go everywhere together and are "kindred spirits". (Note to self: email GinaK and tell her to make a kindred spirits line of stamps with pets!) So when I saw this challenge today, I knew immediately that this card was coming from Lizzie!


I used this Whipper Snapper dog stamp and colored it with Prismacolor pencils to look sort of like Lizzie (she has a shorter tail and much longer legs). I stamped a heart from Sweet Love (PTI) and cut it out for her collar tag. I just got her a red heart tag the other day, so I had to add that on. I searched for the perfect sentiment, and came up with this one from SU's Always. It is so perfect for Lizzie! I added the twine bow and two dew drops to fill in the space. Her nose, the collar heart tag, and the heart on the sentiment all have crystal effects on them. Here is the inside which I think says it all!

I know exactly what my DH is going to say: "You're crazy and you need to go back to work!" Thanks for looking and see you soon!
Recipe
Stamps: Pup 'n Bone (Whipper Snapper), Always (SU), Simple Little Things and Ambassador Monogram (PTI), Stampendous (paw print)
Paper: Chocolate chip, real red, vanilla
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, real red
Accessories: Twine, dew drops, crystal effects, Prismacolor pencils, glue dots

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - I loved this card already when I saw it over on the SCS gallery and I'm still crazy about it - it is soooo darn cute - inside and out!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin