Saturday, August 9, 2008

Snowman Riley


Look what I got today at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff...Snowman Riley! Now I wasn't planning on buying any Riley stamps (I've always thought they were cute, but wasn't into them yet). Actually, I wasn't planning on buying ANY stamps, I just wanted some paper and embellishments, but I couldn't resist! Anyway, the owner's husband was in there making a new display, and he started showing me these moose stamps. It turns out that he went to CHA with his wife, Sharon, and he was the one who told her she HAD to buy these stamps! He was so funny showing me the golfing moose and all the others. In fact, he went in the back room to get me this one cause I liked it so much! He was so excited about these stamps...too funny! I also bought a Riley carrying a tree. I stamped four of each tonight and colored them with copic markers while I was watching the Olympics. While I was coloring them, I fell in love! They are very fun to color! Then, of course, I had to make one card, so I used today's Inspiration Challenge. It was a table done in red, white and blue. The blue is a dead ringer for SU's new Pacific Point In Color, so I paired that with the retired Cerise dp. I put the Pacific Point through the Snowflake embossing folder and used SU's new scallop border punch to get the scalloped piece. I punched both sides of the white piece and added dew drops on it. The sentiment is from PTI's Holiday Wishes and I stamped that on a tag I cut with an oval Cuttlebug diecut and tied sheer ribbon on it. I then used a dauber and red ink to give the illusion of a red layer behind the tag. Both the image and sentiment are on dimensionals. Lastly, I added stickles to the main image. This card came together so easily! I am so behind on my Christmas card challenge at SCS! I think this will be one I mass produce. Very easy to do! Well, thanks for stopping by!

Recipe

Stamps: Snowman Riley (Hanna Stamps), Holiday Wishes (PTI)

Paper: Pacific point, real red, PTI white, Cerise dp

Ink: Adirondack black, real red

Accessories: Snoflake folder, cuttlebug tag diecut, nestabilities, scallop border punch, dew drops, ribbon, dauber, stickles, dimensionals

2 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper cute Riley card!!!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Lisa! What a cute card! I love snowmen and yours is just precious!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin