Friday, August 8, 2008

A Wedding Present

I have another friend who is getting married today and I'm going to the wedding (in just a few short hours and I have so much to do)! I started to make a card hours ago. I was casing a card from PTI's gallery using Wedding Day, but I did not like it from the start, so I had to start all over again with my own design. (That will teach me to copy!) I pulled out this stamp from Stampington & Co. that I got eons ago at my LSS. I've never colored it...I've only embossed this image in silver. Now I'm more comfortable coloring, so that's what I did using copic markers. I used my largest circle Nestability to cut it out and added Crystal stickles to it as well (this qualifies it for the Mothers and Daughters challenge too!). The dp is something I've had for a long time by Liz King. I was going to use it for scrapbooking my wedding album, but that never happened so I'm using it now! The base of the card is vanilla and the next layer is Blush Blossom. I was going to use a white sheer ribbon, but this peach ribbon was already cut from my first fiasco of a card, so I used that with a little piece of the sheer ribbon. Two of the corners were rounded, and I added the pearls in the corner. Here's the inside of the card. I used more of the dp and a Martha Stewart border punch and layered it on another piece of Blush Blossom. The ring stamp is by Rubber Stampede and the sentiment is from PTI Wedding Day. I'm really happy with this card, considering what I started with! I have another post today, so scoll down to see that and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Gift (Stampington & Co.), Wedding Day and Favor It Weddings (PTI), Wedding Rings (Rubber Stampede)
Paper: Vanilla, blush blossom, Liz King dp
Ink: Adirondack black, cameo coral, copic markers
Accessories: Nestabilities, pearls, MS border punch, ribbon, stickles, dimensionals


4 comments:

diane zechman said...

This is beautiful, Lisa! Have a wonderful time.

Cheryl said...

This is a really beautiful card! Love how elegant it is with your perfect coloring, the laciness and soft colors! Great job! How was the wedding?

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous wedding card - Lisa!!! I bet your friends loved it as much as I do?!?

Tam said...

Wow, this is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing our challenge!
Tamara

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin